Saturday 24 September 2016

Mammies Favorites


I have been using the Cocoa Brown Kind Shampoo and Conditioner for about a month now so I have decided its time I did a review on it.

I suffer from random bouts of seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and face. I have no idea what causes it, it can appear randomly and last for months at a time before disappearing again for months. 
So I have tried all types of medicated shampoos that have usually been quite expensive to keep it under control.
When I found out Marissa Carter was bringing out a kind and gentle shampoo for those of us with extremely sensitive scalps that was the price of your normal off the shelf shampoo I was so excited. 

I have never used her tan products on because I love the pale look and never use any tan. But my sister and anyone I talk to about tan swear by it as well as celebrities such as the Kardashians. So I was delighted to finally be able to try some of her products.



When I got the shampoo the shop was all out of the conditioner but I didn't mind as I never usually use conditioner as I have very greasy hair. I decided to try the shampoo by itself. 
BIG mistake. 
The shampoo was very drying and made my hair frizzy and unmanageable. On a positive note my scalp didn't itch or flake.
So I continued to use the shampoo with a conditioner I already had and it was grand, nothing to write home about but it did the job.
About 2 weeks ago I finally got my hands on the conditioner and OMG ..........What the shampoo does to your hair, drying and frizzing it up is totally restored by the beautiful luxurious conditioner!!

Do not use one with out the other!!

The two together left my hair soft glossy and shiny without being greasy and heavy.
The shampoo gives a real intense clean and gets all the dirt out of your hair and the conditioner is so nourishing and adds in any moisture that might have been lost with the shampoo.

The packaging is lovely bright and colorful and I love that the product has a seal that you must open before using.

I smell is mild so don't expect anything over perfumed like herbal essences.

The price is amazing and if I keeps my scalp flake free for just €3 then I am happy out.

I give this a 9/10 only losing a point because the shampoo cant be used alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment