Sunday 10 July 2016

Struggling to accept my post baby body!!

Im struggling with my post baby weight which Im sure is the same for so many new mammies out there!!
Before I got pregnant I put a lot of time and effort into loosing weight. I had lost 50 pounds over a year and I was the smallest I have been since I was a child. I promised myself I wouldn't put on a lot of weight in my pregnancy but hormones and morning sickness had other plans for me and I ate way too often to try and keep the sickness at bay. I put on all the weight I had lost and now Im here again unhappy in my body.
But I have to remember that the weight I put on in pregnancy is there for a reason, to nourish my beautiful baby and they make his cuddles extra squishy and cosey.
So I wrote this silly little poem when I should have been asleep to help me appreciate my wobbley bits!!!

Mammy ,
When I'm sitting upon your soft pudgy lap,
Im so glad I dont fall between your thigh gap.
And when napping in your arms becomes our thing,
I won't need a pillow just your bingo wing.
I love when we cuddle and I rest my head,
I use your soft squishy tummy as my cosey baby bed.
When your soft round face is what I look up and see,
The smile on my face shows how happy you make me.

That look of absolute love on my babies face makes me feel beautiful. Deep down I dont regret a single pound I put on because in the end I got my happy, gorgeous baby to show for it!!

I have already started my weight loss regime and its going well so far I want to loose all the weight I put on for my wedding in 2018. I have plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment