Friday 3 June 2016

Baby Bargain

Babies don't have to be expensive. If you have it spend it! Buy all the new fangled gadgets and the pram all the bloggers are using Im not telling you not to. But if your worried your going to go for broke having a baby you couldn't be more wrong.
I spent half of what most spend on a pram on the entirety of my baby things, from pram to nursery. And how did I do it you ask???? Done Deal, Adverts and bargain hunting.
After having a baby before I knew exactly what I wanted and really needed for my second baby. I had nothing left from when Corey was a baby as I was convinced we were having no more kids for years. Everything was gotten rid of when we moved house when Corey was 4.
I knew we didn't need a big, fancy, confusing, doesn't fit the boot pram so we got a light little Mamas and Papas suitable from birth buggy brand new from Argos on sale for just 80 euro! I personally feel the big prams are such a waste of money they only fit in them for a few months and once baby wants to sit up that's it gone. They are so clumpy and take up so much space even when folded down, and after I had Corey I always said I should have just gotten a maclaren as I had to buy a buggy anyway after a year and a half.
We got a glider crib for our room for 25 euro brand new your looking at paying over 100 euro.
We did up the nursery and got the cot second hand but like new for 30 euro. We got a new mattress for it in Ikea for 50 euro too. We got a nice rug for 12 euro in Ikea. My mam made the bedding from a single bed set in the colours I wanted when I couldn't find ones I liked that didn't cost over 60 euro.

We got a baby swing which costs 65 euro in Smyths for 15 euro on Adverts.ie not a mark on it and a tiny love bassinet/ rocker which retail over 120 euro for 50 euro on Done Deal and its like new!
I got a Kinyo breast pump brand new for 25 euro on ebay it is the absolute double of the Medela which is about 150-200 euros. I also got a gorgeous diaper bag on ebay for 15 euro.
We got a tommy tippy steraliser for 10 euro on Adverts.ie and a pack of 6 Nuby natural touch bottles in Boots on sale as 15 euro.
So if you want to save money get onto Dondeal and Adverts and shop around. Second hand doesnt mean grubby and used as most people keep there baby stuff pristine and like new! 


No comments:

Post a Comment