Wednesday 22 June 2016

Maternity Fashion: Basics

Maternity fashion has improved so much over the years! When I first got pregnant at 20 there where no clothes out there for a young post 'emo kid' mammy to be. It was all floaty, floral printed and awful. I managed to find one pair of maternity jeans and a pair of leggins and I paired them with my boyfriends t shirts and hoodies and that was about it. This time around tho my maternity wardrobe was bursting. There are so many options out there for moms to be. From the third month of my pregnancy I was loving my maternity wardrobe. It was the first time in my life I was confident to wear form fitting clothes and not feel conscious of my tummy area because for once it was ment to be sticking out! 

You may think you will only be wearing your maternity clothes for about 5 months of your pregnancy but I got my first pair of maternity jeans at 12 weeks and 8 weeks post partum I'm still wearing them! So you will need a good sized maternity wardrobe to keep you going all that time.

I found the best shops to buy from were New Look, Asos and H&M. They all have very good quality clothing that wont break the bank. Here are a few of my favorite basics. Items you will need for everyday wear.

Jeans are a basic for everyone. Dress it up with a floaty shirt or dress it down with a vest, they are something you can wear everyday. I prefer the over the bump pants but then I was always a fan of high waisted jeans.
I got these skinny jeans from New Look in black and grey they are super stretchy and comfortable. And they are only €22.99


I know people who have lived in there leggings throughout there entire pregnancy and its no surprise. They are so comfy and stretch with you as you grow. I loved these leggings from H&M for just €9.99.

Vest tops are a must especially if you plan to breast feed. I live in these nursing vests from H&M and come in a pack of 2 for just €19.99. 

These maternity crew neck t-shirts are a maternity wardrobe staple. Wear with joggers for just lounging around or pair with your jeans, a blazer and a statement necklace when meeting friends for coffee (decaffeinated of course). This 2 pack is just €19.72 from asos.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment