Thursday 2 June 2016

My Hospital Experience

We were living in Galway when I first got pregnant with Corey so I had most of my care there before moving back to Drogheda to have him in Our Lady of Lords hospital. 
I remember a lot of waiting around and long appointments between both hospitals, sometimes lasting 3 hours and most of that was sitting around waiting for different checks. The care was fine during my pregnancy but I feel now after my second experience that the care and information given was lacking.
My second pregnancy I was under the care of the MLU in Drogheda which is The Midwife Led Unit. It was an amazing experience from start to finish and I recommend them to anyone offered a place.
There was virtually no wait time at appointments. In and out in 30 min most days I think the longest we were in was one hour. I was given so much information throughout the pregnancy and never felt unsure of what was happening. And even there aftercare is amazing.
So I had a much more positive experience second time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment